Sunday, January 31, 2010

Dark Passenger

I never ride alone, Thur all my conflicts I have always had someone, that no matter how difficult it got he was always there. He is the constant voice that torments my sanity. Constantly offering advice on how to eliminate the pain, pushing me to scratch that itch, a itch that promotes emotional infection. My passenger cannot be left out he is everywhere I am, hes my worst enemy, he is my best friend. He knows how to solve my problems while being the root of my demise. The more I ignore his harsh voice the more intoxicating his advice becomes. Don't remember when we first meet, perhaps he was always with me. His advice and Demeanor however has evolved with me. My conflicts and experiences has made him into the bitter companion who I cant help but succumb to. I know I cant live with out him, but I must learn to live with him. He speaks to me more than ever when I am alone, when I am sad. The melancholy moments seem to drag him out of the darkness. His self-destructive preaching rings Thur my thoughts to a point where I agree to his wishes just one last time. Hes not a good friend but yet a friend. Does he not care that I do not wish to continue our old ways or does he just not believe in me? I want to move on I no longer want this relationship to continue however he is every part of me as I am of him. If the day ever comes where his voice will diminish to whisper, And in turn this whisper becomes silence, I will miss him. Although no matter how long my sidekick remains mute I know he will always be there waiting patiently for my inevitable invitation for his return. He has made his presents known more than ever this last month, however its been 31 days since I gave him my attention. For that I thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment