Saturday, January 16, 2010

Image of a Generation

Does the footprint left behind change from generation to generation? We are taught to learn from our history or we are bound to repeat. Some see our generation as polar opposites from the one our parents have experienced, but who's is better? I see no difference and I see no progression. I have stood by my father at a young age and watched him cry with his hand touching a name etched in a endless wall of black granite, sadly I see the same fate for my son. I imagine him standing by me in absolute confusion and silence as he stairs at his father reflection in a monument that represents countless lost lives to a war that divide a country. My tears will spill on the site of a monument dedicated to the braves souls who gave there lives for a reason not agreed upon by the majority of there generation and there country, just as my fathers have spilled. When will this long awaited evolution of human progress take place. How do we rescue the next unborn generation from the pains our fathers and we have suffered. We have a responsibility and the ability to change the way our children live, to spare them the suffering and violence that plagued many generations. We must share with them the sacrifices of the men and women who came before them so they can honor them and most of all learn from them. I prey that all future generation be free of war and it is only us who can answer those prayers. I am forever grateful for the sacrifices given by our Armed Force and I prey one day you will be no longer needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment